WARNING! If you want to improve your squash game then here is the ultimate in squash fitness tips:
Don’t spend a dime (that’s right – not one dime!) or time & energy on a squash-specific fitness program until you have a decent grasp on basic shots from every position on the squash court.
Ask yourself the following as part of a basic skills pre-fitness training checklist:
- Do you use The Doctor’s trick to keep your eyes on the ball?
- Is there a degree of elasticity in your wrist & grip?
- Do you employ the 4 basic principles in every shot you play?
- Do you understand basic squash footwork?
- Are you having regular solo-practice on the squash court?
- Are you as comfortable hitting backhands as forehands?
- Can you comfortably hit a shot off the back wall?
Squash Fitness Tips Are For Every-Body!
Okay, squash player or not, I know what it’s like to be on both sides of the fitness spectrum because…
I’ve been fit and I’ve been fat, and fit is better!
Have fun & play your own game!
P.S. I almost forgot — here is the full list from the blog archives – LOTS of squash fitness tips, with video too!